Thursday, August 02, 2007

First Poem

Haahs... It's already 2nd August xD haa.. I'm staying up really late today to complete an assignment. So while doing so.. I decided to write.. something like a poem.. to express my thoughts ba? Train literature skills haaa... x]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entitled : Waking Up

I touched the cotton blankets,
yet I couldn't go to sleep.
I stayed awake and began to think,
why have I not gone to sleep?

I had a dream the day before,
it was a bittersweet dream.
I woke up just to realise,
I couldn't help but scream.

On a crusty piece of toast,
I spread a layer of butter.
On a soft and tender one,
I spread something so very sour.

I touched the cotton blankets,
wondering if I could sleep.
to forget the sweet yet sour
midnight bittersweet dream.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*hint* All of my poems have meanings behind it. :) Ask me if you want to know what, but I will not tell certain people. ^^

No comments: