Sunday, August 12, 2007

Emo lerh...

I thought I might share a story I thought of on my way home from grandma's house ^~^
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
There were two childhood friends, their relationship was very close. Right now, the boy was sixteen and the girl was ten. Their ages were far apart. Everyday, the girl would run to the boy's house to play and stuff. The boy and the girl liked each other's company. They were the best of friends.
However, the boy was facing an extremely important exam that year. So, everyday, he would choose to ignore the girl and do his studying. The girl never cared much and kept as quiet as a mouse so that he could concentrate on his studies. The girl told him jokes from time to time because she thought it would help him destress. The boy just kept on ignoring and snapping at her. He even threw erasers at her when he's extremely vexed.
However, the girl never got irritated or angry, and never once, did she leave the boy alone.
One day, the boy got a phone call from his mother from overseas. It was a rare call, so that day, the boy was high in spirits, and he kept grinning the entire day. Of course, the girl was happy for him. She took the alarm clock in the boy's room and smashed it on the floor.
The boy looked at her, shocked. And he started scolding her again.
The girl kept quiet for awhile, and said "I'm sorry... I thought that by smashing the clock.. I could pause time... by pausing time.. it meant that I can always see that smile on your face... and when that happens... I don't want time to continue, I want you to stay like this forever!"
The boy looked at the girl. Lowered his head to express his apology, and hugged the girl.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Being naive in her own, sweet way.

No comments: